CFRI’s 35th Virtual National CF Education Conference:
Focus on the Future
July 29 – 31, 2022 (Fri – Sun)
CFRI’s National CF Education Conference brings together the national and international cystic fibrosis community for a virtual weekend of content and connection. Nationally-renowned presenters will address subjects that are vital to the CF community.
Hear from CFRI-funded researchers on innovative CF research, visit pharmaceutical & medical technology exhibits, and attend support groups and workshops. Socialize with members of the global CF community and honor CF heroes at an inspirational awards ceremony.
Sponsored to date by Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Genentech, Gilead Sciences, Chiesi USA, and AbbVie.
2021 CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS AVAILABLE TO VIEW ON CFRI’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL. Our stellar line up of experts provide a wealth of information on a range of CF-related topics. The list of speakers is below. To watch on our YouTube channel, click here.
- John Engelhardt, PhD – Advances in Gene Therapy and Animal Models for Cystic Fibrosis
- Gunnar Esiason, MBA – My Life with Cystic Fibrosis, Our Unlocked Futures, and Breaking Down Barriers for the Continued Success of the CF Community
- Steven Freedman, MD, PhD – Advancing the GI Frontier For People With CF
- Angela Garinis, PhD, CCC-A; Ahmet Uluer, DO, MPH – Hearing is Believing: Hearing Health in Persons with Cystic Fibrosis
- Raksha Jain, MD, MSC – Reproductive Health in Men and Women with CF: What Do We Know and What Do We Need to Know?
- Jonathan Koff, MD; Benjamin Chan, PhD – Advances in Phage Therapy as a Treatment for Cystic Fibrosis
- Taylor Lewis, MA, CSCS – Strength-Building with CF
- Amir Moheet, MBBS – CFRD Management Through Technology
- Richard Moss, MD – Getting to the After Times – CF and COVID in Year 2
- Deepika Polineni, MD, MPH – mRNA Therapy as a Treatment for CF
- D.B. Sanders, MD, MS – Pulmonary Exacerbations in the Era of Highly Effective CFTR Modulators
- Diane Shader Smith; Maryanne O’Hara; David Weill, MD – Three Perspectives, One Purpose: Why Medicine Needs Memoir
- Jennifer Taylor-Cousar, MD, MSCS – Until It’s Done For Everyone: Diversity, Inclusion and Equity in CF Care and Research
- Bijal Trivedi, MSc, MA – Book presentation “Breath from Salt”, plus panel discussion (Isabel Stenzel Byrnes, LCSW, MPH, Paul Quinton, PhD, Jeffrey Wine, PhD)
- CF and Body Image – Panel of CF adults, facilitated by Meg Dvorak, LCSW